Uniquely situated in the Piedmont Triad, the Sauratown Mountains have beckoned generations to their trails, summits, and waterways since the early days of the Saura Indians. Friends of Sauratown Mountains was formed in 2010 to preserve and protect the Sauratown Mountains for future generations.
Working closely with Hanging Rock State Park and Pilot Mountain State Park, Friends of Sauratown Mountains seeks to:
- Promote environmentally sound uses and conservation of the two State Parks, Sauratown Trail, and surrounding waterways.
- Maintain and create trails.
- Partner with other organizations and businesses committed to outdoor recreation and environmental education.
- Advocate at a local and state level for the preservation and integrity of the Sauratown Mountains.
By becoming a member of Friends of Sauratown Mountains you are joining with hundreds of others that are passionate about preserving and protecting the Sauratown Mountains. Individual membership is $15 per calendar year; Family membership is $30; higher giving levels available. Member benefits include:
Join with us
- Regular updates regarding activities, events, and important legislative actions.
- Coordinated opportunities to volunteer with others to support the Sauratown Mountains and their natural resources.
- Quarterly meetings with unique events for Friends of Sauratown Mountains members.
today to make a difference for tomorrow’s generation!